A Fantasy Hockey Blog

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

2 Days, 3 trades, all new ballgame

[ the edited version ]

Dan started it all, as usual:

"Is anyone else blown away by the fact that we have only had 3 trades this entire season...and none by Matt Halfhill?!! Did Jesus return or something, or was it something else I missed?" - Dan Reed

It is pretty alarming to think that we made 20+ trades in the summer and only 3 the first half of the year.

We were only looking for the right time, or the right player...

Now, a week after Dan wrote that, we have doubled the amount of trades with more to come thanks in part to the Tanguay Sweepstakes:

"I don't want him anymore, simple. I've felt this way for a while now and it's time finally to make a move. He does not carry the Regime swagger. He does however, carry a uterus (imo). But hey, he's an effective player, and he's young! If you are looking to get a leg up in the playoffs or if you are looking to rebuild, send me something....blah....blah...blah..."

He's gone, but his uterus remains.

Let's check out the damage, here are all of the players that were traded in the past 48 hours:









TRADE #1 =

Reed Dynasty sends RW N. Horton to Les Pingouins for LW/RW Michalek

Straight. Up. Yo.

Michalek had some ugly struggles early, but seems to be bouncing back a bit.

Horton was establishing himself early on as a top notch power forward, but lately (like all of the Panthers) he's been a flat tire.

Reed needed LW help badly, so he pulled the trigger on this move, we'll see.

Both of these guys are top 10 1st round picks, both are at about the same age, and both have been up and down so far in their careers. So you can see how this is a really even dealio, I'm not sure who wins, any ideas? There is a comment box at the end of each post on here that you guys can use.

TRADE #2 =

Bone Corp trades: J. Harding, D. Byfuglien, a 4th round pick (BONE) to
Hoquet Icedogs for: K. Lehtonen, B. Guerin


My analysis is not needed here (as if you want it anyway, lol), we have the delicate professionalism of a Mr. Chris Nichols from Sportsnet.ca.

Don't believe me?

Here's the link:




Justin from TO

"Hey,Just pulled off this trade in my 12 man H2H keeper league.

MY: Byfuglien/Harding/4th round pick for HIS: Lehtonen/Guerin

My team: (we know it)
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/9029/4

Currently sitting in 1st and noticed this glaring stat..... 1-9 in goalie wins. Needed some serious help in net and I have a stable of young defenseman. We only keep 4 D and 2 G.”

Chris Nichols:

Justin, I think that’s a great trade for you. Like me, you’ve no doubt been pulled down by Lundqvist’s brutal contributions lately. He’ll get much better before long and Lehtonen is another decent starter that will get wins and SV%. Emery would be a bonus for you. Ramo… haven’t really been able to recommend any Tampa Bay goalies for awhile now. Halak likely won’t get many starts, but stranger things have happened.

Byfuglien’s stats have tapered off a bit, although his value is still ok because of that D designation. Guerin has been hot though and you really need the depth on RW."


Pretty impressive stuff.

Wait...did Chris Nichols call Bill Guerin hot?

.......mmmmight be the ugliest creature God ever created....

Cheap joke, sorry, had to.

Can anyone really pass up a chance to job Bill Guerin?

Didn't think so.

Back to the trade.

Kim DOES mention the pick! And he gives it to Hoquet!

I screwed it up before.

I like that Hoquet gave up no keepers, and still gained a decent draft pick.

Kim doesn't win, but Chris Nichol is still excited.

Mostly because of Billy G...
Again, sorry...

TRADE #3

Farl$ Regime trades: LW Alex Tanguay to
Hoquet Icedogs for: C Andy McDonald

Two guys who appear to be going in seperate directions right now.

But, they'll probably end up with about the same numbers.

I don't like Tanguay. I used to have A-Mac and he was good, so I got him back.

Thats it.

Not sure who won, again, comment box = your opinions on the dealio.

I'm pretty biased, lol.

Help a brother out.

Comments? Suggestions? Surely/uncairing attitudes? Whatever you want...

The comment box is just under the picture from 'Cast Away' here that I ripped from http://thepensblog.blogspot.com/.

You can comment now even if you don't have a google account, before it was a must, but I layed it too waste.

btw, if you've never been to pensblog and you're a pens fan, then you should def check it out.

It's incredible.

See where it says 'Need more trades' in the pic?

At pensblog it says 'Gary Roberts'

Yeah, it's a hilarious site.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

haha love the post. I did mention the 4th rounder but he didn't say much about it. Meh, I looked over this yrs 4th round pick and it had a few really good picks but most weren't that great and with us keeping more keepers, it will probably be even smaller talent pool

BobFarls said...

Good point, since we are losing 2 rounds to keepers, a 4th rounder is more like a 6th rounder from this year's draft. I remember going into the draft this year thinking that the talent pool would be mostly gone by the 6th or 7th round, it was more like the 9th or 10th, which sucked because I threw away so many picks in trades...

Unknown said...

Ya, I checked last years draft and who were drafted in the 4th round and there were only 2 picks that really stood out, the rest were okay. So this years draft will have to go even deeperrrrrrrrrr

Unknown said...

oops, i didnt realize I just repeated myself HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Dan said...

bob,

did you approach anyone else regarding Tanguay? I mean, LW is a shallow position and I can't imagine you couldn't have gotten more for him. He has 90 point upside and is a consistent 75+ point player. Not that McDonald is bad, but centers are easy to come by...

I just think you could have done better...

BobFarls said...

I know I could have done better, and I'm frankly not all that concerned about it. I approached kim, but all I was really interested in was harding. I could have gotten Lupul from you but, meh. I tried getting wolski from cobra, but he wouldn't budge. I've been trying to get cammilerri for a month but Capretto never responds to my offers. I didn't like what halfhill has, too old right? Sam wouldn't give me frolov or gionta, only elias, which I don't want. AND Hoquet almost but didn't quite give me higgins, which I'm still trying to get, lol. I probly should have asked for a late round pick in addition to mcdonald but, thats a crap shoot pick anyways...I'm not concerned with where my team is.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous works, yippee

James said...

I'm in!!! I realized that I clicked on the e-mail box by accident prompting all the sketchy questions.


4th rounder 6th rounder I made the connection but truth is I wanted some good young d and the guys I gave up weren't going to make my keeper list anyway.

Even McDonald wasn't for sure especially the way Ribeiro has been playing this year.

That guys found his stride.

and then Carter who at this point is the odd man out.

Lots to think about, my head hurts


Last comment, what is with the word verifications luzfarel, hoawn, befigglgiggle

These are not words maybe they should call it letter verification...false advertising is what it is.

As we speak I have tried to leave this message three times and the word verification is starting to give me problems in fact I think I made it mad, it has left me this message in a threatening way

"Enter the letters as they are shown in the image."

I'll try again

BobFarls said...

So I edited all the mistakes, and there were many, plus I had to take advantage of the opportunity to job bill guerin a bit, forgive me. Is it satisfactory?

Also, Billy Tibbetts is me signing in anonymously...hmm...