A Fantasy Hockey Blog

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sunday, January 20, 2008

RE-CAP

Week 16

My controversial prediction for this motw was: Bone wins 9-8-1 over Les Pingouins.

Les Pingouins were out to prove something this week; it was their chance to drink the sweet, sweet nectar of the top 6.

Or was it?

Just so you know, I decided that I hate spelling Les Pingoiusafjdisaf, so I will be referring to them as LP from now on, like it or not, too bad.

Let’s check out what happened:

MONDAY:

-Slow monday



Malkin wins day 1, hat trick city.

TUESDAY:

-Kari Lehtonen was supposed to fix Bone’s goalie issues, so Bone sits him…he has a killer night, ouch.
-Bone was eager to point out that Sergei Samsonov had a 3 points night, I'm eager to pull out that strangle photo again...but I'll show a little class for once...
-I am however eager to point out that Bone sits a 3 point night out of Peter Mueller, double ouch. -All in all though, Bone ends up with a damn fine 11 points for the day, but poor goalie stats.

-LP responds to Bone’s 11 point night with…an 11 point night.
-Dustin Brown gets the first gwigle of the week:


-Scott Nieder gets fat on a 3 point burger, but zoom didn’t play Shane Doan, that’s a tough 3 points sat on the bench…

-Everybody is sitting 3 - point night from good players, what gives??
-I'll tell you what gives...
-There’s a rumor floating around the net that Beaker cracked into their yahoo accounts and swiped their lineups!
-Word is, he's on the run:

(I'd believe it, what a specimen)

It’s a draw, screw goalies, it’s too early in the week.

It’s 1-0 Malkin, still.

WEDNESDAY:

-Bone gets 2 goals out of newly acquired Bill Guerin, somewhere chris Nichol is excited:

-Henrik Lundqvist shows up with a killer start, a big bonus to all cats except sho.

-LP isn’t too hot tonight, only 4 points, and decent goalie #’s.
-Ruslan Salei nabs 6 pims (dirt ball).
-Miller gives LP a solid start, but no win. Vokoun layed an egg though.

8 points between the two teams? Duff Man is brewing up dissapointment in the motw so far:

(Heh-ha!)

Back to reality, maybe it isn’t too early for goalies anymore, Bone wins the day.

It’s 1-0 Bone, but the matchup itself is 11-4 LP, so take it all w/a grain of salt.

THURSDAY:

-Bone kills. Zoom = stunned. Bone gets 13 points lead by Nash’s insane goal, which was a gwigle, and his 10 shots. Nash was a monster this week.
-Also ‘Alice’ Hemsky registers 3 assists, and Mueller gets 2 points, both on the pp.
-Lehtonen has another good start, but doesn’t win the game, figures.

-LP falls behind as they only muster 6 points on the night.
-Gerber gets a killer start, AND he wins the game, something Bone never gets,

EVER

Bone wins the day though, it’s 2-0-1 BC.

FRIDAY:

-Eric Staal plays tricks with hats for Bone, and registers one heluva game winner.
-Bone owns GWG this week.
-Kari Lehtonen plays goalie with no pads, and the numbers show it, ouch.

-LP has an 8 point night, the kicker being a shortie from Lombardi, critical point:

(shortie)

-LP sits Ryan Miller, Miller has a killer start, would it come back to haunt zoom’s team?

LP gets this one, but its 2-1-1 BC.

SATURDAY:

-Bone gets another 13 points, is he going after a season point record or what?
-Backstrom gets a 4 assist night, and Rafalski gets a 3 assist night, yikes.
-Backstrom, Bone's #1 overall is looking like a shrewd move:

(franchise)

-Goalie wise Bone gets two good starts but (like the Yankees) can’t buy a win.

(zing)

-LP keeps fighting with a 9 point night, but it looks like it’s too little too late for zoom.
-Goalie wise, zoom needs new goalies…ouch, rough night for Vokoun and Miller time.
-Remember when zoom sat Miller the other day? It’s coming back to bite him in the ass:

(see it? Meh...)

Bone wins easy, 3-1-1 BC.

SUNDAY:

-Bone Corp adds salt to the wound, 9 more points, looks like we have a new season 3 points record here in 66’s League:

(Mario would be proud, maybe)

-Bone for some reason played all of his goalies today? He was getting greedy, and they both blew tires, could this open the door for LP…

-…nope, LP’s Gerber plays worse than Bone’s guys, we’ve got some ugly goaltending in this MOTW. You guys need some niitty…
-LP gets 1 point on the day, it’s over zoom, sorry buddy.

Bone wins the day, he takes the day count 4-1-1.

Tell you what, I’ll give an end-of-year-award out to the team that wins the most days in MOT-dubya’s…

Final score of the matchup:

Bone wins 12-4-2,
my prediction sucked. Bone is good:

(...and he's got a new boat)

3 Stars of the Matchup:

1* Eric Staal (BC) – 3G, 2A, a ton of shots, a key gwg.
2** Nicklas Backstrom (BC) - 1G, 4A, 3ppp, 7 shots.
3*** Mats Sundin (LP) – 4 pims, a Bolik load of faceoffs (61) and a few points.


MOTW Observations:

-Bolik had 37 faceoffs this week, it was that kind of a week for LP.
-Bone loses PIM’s, a rarity, but he ties wins, which is also a rarity.
-Bone sets a season 3 points record for the week with 56 points, the previous record was 53 by Dumpy.
-Bone Corp gets their second 50 point week, matching Reed with 2 on the season, the only clubs to do it more than once, slow year…
-LP should be proud that they won PIM’s.
-LP’s dominance of SHP continues, although Bone didn’t put up a fight for it…


New MOTW coming tomorrow, all-star week style.

Any comments on this motw? The discussion continues…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another victorious week for Bone Corp. With all that winning I am glad to see that I was able to afford a new boat (one that isn't sinking).

I am more than willing to lose PIM stats if I can win 3 goalie stats lol.

Guerin has actually been doing very well for me of late. I am starting to love that trade more and more now, even though I sit Lehtonen lol. As for that last day, I was contemplating whether to sit both but I said I would be more pissed if they played well and I sat em. So I took the risk, luckily Gerber was just awful.

Backstrom has found a permanent home in Bone Corp Village, he isn't moving for a long time. Mueller is also looking for a permanent home, we shall see @ season's end how that is going.

All in all, good week for me, I regained my #1 status without the help of Heatley. Now there is some serious depth, 56 points without my best fantasy player..yikess

BobFarls said...

Yeah, I totally forgot about Heatley, wow you put up 56 without your best offensive player, yikes indeed.

I would give you the world to get Mueller back. I dropped him when he was awful early on out of arrogance that my team was top 4, now I just look like an ass for losing him.

About pim's, I think you've just been lucky all year with it...do I play you again?

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say I have been lucky with the PIMs but I would say that I unknowingly drafted a team that generally takes a lot of PIMs. How can I be lucky for 16 weeks?

As for Mueller, I was a little surprised when he hit the waivers for a bit in the beginning of the season, but Dobber had him 2nd right behind Backstrom on his prospect list and I really didn't have another solid keeper (3rd one) so I picked him up. Getting him back might be hard ; ), but we'll see if I need more immediate help.

On a side note, I really think I am wasting a keeper spot on Kessel and I don't think I can wait another 2-3 years for him to start producing. But on the other side, I probably will get nothing for him right now lol, ugh... the dilemmas in keeper leagues lol

BobFarls said...

Kessel is an LW right? I could REALLY use a 3rd keeper LW...one that isn't Shanahan...lol.

I have Perron, meh, and Sergei Kostitsyn, another meh, so maybe I'll think about giving you a rental for Kessel? Or something...

BobFarls said...

Nevermind.

Kessel is RW this year.

I swear he was LW last year, stupid yahoo.

Kim, we'll def get a trade going in a few weeks once I get an idea of where my team is going.