A Fantasy Hockey Blog

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Monday, January 14, 2008

Week 16 MOTW: The 6th Seed

-If you checked out the matchups in the league this week you might have seen that there really isn't any marquee matchups.

-But since teams from5th to 9th are so close together (only 10 points apart) there are some solid matchups for sure.

-Which one is the best?

Here are the choices that I have:

#2 Bone Corp vs #9 Les Pingouins
#4 Reed G-H's vs #7 Dump and Chasers
#3 Finally Adopted vs #8 Barclay Hill Mollies

The other matchups, frankly, are mud.

So I thought I would give the MOTW to whichever matchup involves the most 'standings' points up to this point, here are the results I got:

#2 Bone Corp vs #9 Les Pingouins = 565 combined points
#4 Reed G-H's vs #7 Dump and Chasers = 553 combined points
#3 Finally Adopted vs #8 Barclay Hill Mollies = 558 combined points


Close, huh?

I really can't go wrong with any of these, and it's too bad I can only pick one but I would have to cut the RE-CAP if I had 3 games, and that ain't hapnin.

Your MOTW for week 16 = #2 Bone Corporation vs #9 Les Pingouins

-Kim vs. Zoom II, the rivalry we forced upon them continues...

-Remember the sinking ship? Yeah, that's Kim's team...

(I plan on milking this one)

-Zoom's team has been up and down, and hanging around, but they find themselves in the heat of the 5th/6th seed race, and they might be catching B.C. at the right time.


(and he might have the best logo in the league)

-Injury wise, Bone lost Heatley to a bum arm and Federov is out with old-man disorder.

-Zoom is missing avery, aucoin, and mccabe, no big deal.

(Advantage les pingouins)

-Les Pingouins have been strong lately thanks to young guys o'sullivan, penner, brown and zherdev coming into their own, oh and scott niedermeyer coming back doesn't hurt either...

-Bone might finally have his goalie situation squared away, although Lundqvist isn't helping tonight is he?

(looks like I got a headstart on the prediction, heh)

So, I looked at the #'s:

-Zoom wins G, and PPG more than Bone usually does
-But Bone wins A, P, PPA, and PPP more than Zoom does
-Goalie #'s are mostly owned by Zoom, Bone has some issues, I don't think Lehtonen changes much, we'll see, but I'm giving wins (duh), GA, GAA, and SV% to zoom and mr. Vokoun.
-Specialties wise, Bone is pretty good. Pim's are his as usual, and he's also better at shots and FW.
-BUT Zoom has one of the best SHP teams and gwigle teams, and I love me some gwigle's.
-+/- is up in the air almost every week.

Add up all those stat-cats and what score do you get?

My prediction of course!

And it is...



Bone wins 9-8-1 over Les Pingouins

Keepin' it real:



Like Gretzky when he was a Blue for a week or so...


Lemieux's League news:

-Sometime this week we'll be officially launching the Lemieux's League official web site, thanks to zoom waffles, it should revolutionize the offseason (and the season for that matter). More info to come.
-Somehow this week Dan Reed traded for this sinister man:

-Miro Satan, who just got his 666th point (the world is ending), is now a Reed team member AGAIN.
-In the trade, Dan sent Ales Kotalik to Mario for the
Prince of Darkness, the ‘uni-brow of hell’ Miro Satan.
-And then Satan got hurt immediately; serves you right Daniel.
-So what was the point behind that trade?

(Other than good work by Mario of course…)

-Bone added Danny Carcillo, as if he doesn’t have enough PIM guys already…
-Bone wants to know what the rent is at the bottom:

(I hear it's cheap, but wet.)

3 Bums of the week:

1. Brett Lebda (WI3) - A few shots and a -1

2. Steven 'Douche' Weiss (FR) - A living bag of corn

3. Sergei Samsonov (BC) - He chocked Thronton and got 1 shot for his efforts.

Predictions anyone?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

9-8... baloney. when bolik (yes, bolik) wins 97 faceoffs this week, i'll be stealing that 9-8 victory.

BobFarls said...

Bolik? Bobby Holik? Nice!

Bone is pretty strong at FW, but if Bolik does get 97 then I guess he's in trouble.

I think it'll be a close matchup, and even if you lose 8-9 or somethings around that you still might move up in the standings as close as they are right now.

It's weird, this week, every top 6 team is playing a bottom 6 team, which means the standings will be incomprehendable next week.

Anonymous said...

uhh, you won't be winning that close! I am taking a stand! I am going to win the win stat (sounds strange)! Prediction - 5 wins!

We shall see how my point production is now that Heatley is gone.

Hemsky gonna be huge this week, I predict 5 PPPs and 1GWG this week.

Well, I am 1-0 against Zoom so far, Hope it is another 12-5 blow out for me :D

BobFarls said...

Yes, but this is a better and healthier zoom team than the one you blew out earlier...

...and you sir, are heatley-less.

Do you guys have enough life jackets and rescue boats?