A Fantasy Hockey Blog

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Monday, January 21, 2008

MOTW

Week 17

(A couple of 'nancy' teams doing battle this week)

The matchup of the week is #2 Halfhill Crusade vs. #8 Barclay Hill Mollies

-8th place means squat in this matchup, the mollies are 2 points out of 5th place.

-2 points separates all teams from #5 to #8, crazy.

-The standings right now are as crazy as backyard snow hockey:

(Owner and acting G.M. of the B.H. Mollies)

-It’s all star week, Yahoo tells us to not worry about minimum goalie starts, this could prove very advantageous to the mollies if they get an early and stunning goalie start.

-Halfhill’s goalies own; Gordon Bombay himself would have no luck against them:

(I hear he's in the best shape of his life)

-It looks like there is only 4 days of games this week, so make your lineups count.

-The Mollies recent winning serge was thanks in part to the men in the Appollo 13 war-room setting the lineups for him:

(Cheap? Yes. But, you can't make this stuff up)

(Their goal? Get the Mollies into the Post-Season)

-Injury wise, the Crusade has some serious studs out of the lineup; Zubov, Bergeron, Smyth, and Connolly are all out. That’ll be tough to replace.

-The Mollies are actually quite healthy, although they are without all-world-molly Josef Stumpel, no big deal. Advantage Mollies.

-G,A, and P are all very close between these two teams, I’m calling them a wash.

-Crusade should take shots and +/- and at least 3/5 goalie stats.

-Mollies should take FW, PIM’s, and ppa.

-Hmm…this is going to be a close one ladies. I’m guessing this matchup will come down to shrewd lineup setting and solid manipulation:

(like Newman would)

-Anything goes in a short week like this. Good timing, sharp wits, and some solid lineup setting will determine the winner.

-Here’s what it comes down to for me; the theme of season 1: “Matt sits points”.

-Here’s my prediction:


(obligatory Carson shot)

-Mollies win 9-6-3 in a weird pre-all-star weekend motw.

-Got that?

Lemieux’s League news feed:

-After trading for Satan and not telling us why he did it, Dan now makes a trade for…Paul Mara? Zoom gets Campoli. Mer.
-Reed also moves Lupul, T. Ruutu and a 5th over to Hoquet for Harding and Bertuzzi. I like the move for Hoquet, he’s got some building blocks .
-Everyone’s taking a shot at Forsberg, Mario is the latest, why not.
-In a puzzling move Farls trades for Teemu Selanne furthering the destruction of the Regime franchise:

(She's old, but I'll be damned if she doesn't have some fight left in her!)

-Reed and Farls are contemplating team fire sales to ease the pain of disappointing seasons.
-Word is Farls will be sending his team over to Dan in exchange for Dan’s team, it’s traditional, I’m here for you Danny.
-The Mollies are researching possible ways of acquiring the imaginationland villains:

(apparently Kurt Russell is involved somehow...)


3 Bums of the week:

1) Paul Ranger – He tripped Sidney Crosby into the boards.

2) Paul Ranger – He did nothing to help Regime this week.

3) Dan Reed – His team lost 17-1.


-Keeping it real as always. Send us home Conan O’Brien:

(Throw me your best apple, hurler)

-Good luck to all this week.

-Post any predictions in the comments area if you wish. The discussion continues there...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta go with my fellow leader Hafhill to win this week. It's scary to think if Hafhill had a healthy Bergeron and Smyth, how dominate his team may be. Even with those two huge players out, he still has a serious force.

Although, I like who some of Mollies players are going up against, in particular Kozlov (2 games vs TOR).

I would predict a 9-7-2 win for Hafhill.

BobFarls said...

For me it's hard to believe that with offensive stats that are so similar between the two teams, one is in 2nd and the other is in 8th.

And it's not like the mollies have bad goalies, because they have some of the best.

The Mollies have to catch a break at some point, and I think this week being short is when they might...

Anonymous said...

Very true. I don't like this short week for myself. I always seems to get off to bad stats and really turn it on later on in the week.

On a side note, did anyone realize Backstrom has 8 assists in 2 games. WOWEEEWOWOWEEEWOOOW. It is really gonna be a close match for that Calder Trophy this year.

BobFarls said...

Who's leading, Kane? Is Toews back from that injury?

Anonymous said...

I think Kane has like 45ish points. I heard Toews is still like 2-3 weeks away from returning. With the way these two have been playing, it might be too much for Toews to come back.

BobFarls said...

How about Andrei Kostitsyn, is he still eligable? He has been a savior for my LW's.

With all these rookies blowing up lately, I grabbed Gagner up (again, lol). He's got I think 5 points in his last 3 games so hopefully he can really help me out along the stretch.

If Gagner does explode, I could see keeping him over Comrie. Comrie had an incredible start to the season but has been mud ever since, I mean he has sucked...like steven weiss and Jordan Staal before him...damn.